Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy Dance x3

Yes I have had a very productive weekend. I was able to finish 3 (yes three) WIPs. Yes, they were all small and yes, they were all almost done. So it only took 2-4 hours to finish what I officially called WIP #3 #5 and #6. I even worked 2 hours on Santa of the Forest while at the Tarheel get together this Sat. I was unable to find any 36 ct. fabric at the LNS so it looks like an online order and that may not happen in the near future with taxes rapidly approaching.

First up is Leo, he is a Margaret Sherry Zodiac Cat that is from the UK Cross stitchers in 2004. I have also done Cancer (my sign) but he is sitting in a drawer. Leo is a gift to a friend, Now I just have to decide how to finish him.


Heather Name plate
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.


Next is a name...OK it is mine, I had originally put this together from an alphabet I found in a magazine and stitched all but some of the border before I decided I hated it. It wasn't centered correctly and it looks like neatner. this was back in 1999 when I wanted it for my desk (which was the last time I had one). Well while cleaning out my craft junk last year I came across it, having completely forgotten about it, and I figured it might as well sit in a dark drawer finished rather than sit in the dark drawer unfinished.

Winter Fob
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.


Finally the Winter Scissor Fob freebie by Drawn Thread, I decided in the end that it wasn't too big for a fob even though it is on 25? ct Laguna. It came out pretty well for my first fob (I think).

I am down to four WIP's... Snowman in the drifts (#4), an ornament I started before christmas (#7), Santa of the Forest (#8), and View to a Spring Garden (#9).

And finally I remembered that this weekend marks the five year anniversary of moving to Greensboro. It does't sound like much but this is the first time I have lived in a place for this long since I was 18.

8 comments:

Singular Stitches said...

Three finishes is three finishes. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those look great! Congrats on the happy happy happy dance :)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Great finishes. They are lovely. Enjoy the happy dance!!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

All three are cute and don't hide your name away it would make a great long pillow. Congrats on all.

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I like all of those finishes, especially the name. If you don't like the "h" letters, then why don't you improvise? Extend the tops of the letters a little bit until you love it and then finish it into a pillow like someone has already suggested. :)

Kathy said...

Wow well done on your 3 HD's

Hugs xxxxx

Anna van Schurman said...

Jenna stole my comment. I was thinking you could just "raise up" the aitches and that should help with the centering too. I think it looks great. All the projects do.

Suz said...

Whoohoo! and I really like that Leo!