Thursday, January 05, 2006

Die Leaves Die

Ian and I FINALLY finished raking the yard yesterday, stupid warm weather.

SBQ:
  • Do you do your stash shopping at your LNS, ONS, or both? Which do you like better? Why?

Well. I don't buy online as much as I could, because I operate in cash for my fun stuff. My bank account is used only for essentials. Shelter, clothing, food, gas, car...etc. So I tend only to buy online when I really can't find it locally or can't substitute anything else. I have also been avoiding the hand dyed fabric like the plague which is the only thing I can't get locally. And when I do purchase online I prefer to buy from a store that also operates a storefront somewhere, because I never want to live in a world where the LNS is extinct.

I have 2 LNS "near" me. The one closest to me is really a needlepoint/knitting/and a wee bit of XS store, but she does (by some fluke) carry all the GAST, WDW, NN, CC, Caron, and RG. So that is where I go for fibers. She will also order anything I want. The other LNS, 30 min away, is the one that just opened (with a ton of older stuff) , and as soon as she gets more newer stuff in I am sure I will frequent it more often. She does have a wide selection of fabrics though which is good. I also am blessed (or cursed) to have a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, and ACMoore all within 10 min of my house, so most of my DMC, Mill Hill, and fabric (generic colors) I can find there.

Wow, that was a longer answer than I thought it would be. anyway on to my life. Sam (now 8 weeks old today) is doing just fine. However my dog Max is probably allergic to him, Max eyes are red and irritated and constantly draining. Although that is the only reaction we can see, we are taking him to the vet on monday to see if there is anything we can do for him or if the cat may have to go (Sigh). Sam is a rambunctious little thing, and is a huge instigator (sp?) of trouble, attacking Max and then crying like he is hurt (I'm sitting there watching and can clearly see that he is not hurt). He reminds me of my sister.

I finished my garden exchange yesterday and am so proud of it, although I realized it is more sping in theme than gardening..oh well. I will be able to show it to you as soon as my exhange partner gets it. I will be in the mail on mon, and has to cross several oceans. Meanwhile I am also working on a XS quilt square for one of the Tarheels, I am not exactly happy with it as the spacing came out all funny...I should be done tonight and will post a pic tomorrow.

No comments: