Friday, July 01, 2005

Stitching Bloggers Question of the Week

When starting a new project, do you start in the middle? If you do, once you’ve worked down to the bottom, do you turn your chart and fabric around so that you are stitching the top section downwards again or do you just stitch upwards from the middle?

I was taught to start in the middle and have never seen any problems with it. Only recently have I read about that you should only stitch from top to bottom and if you start in the middle should turn around the fabric for uniformity of stitches. But as I have mentioned before I do not stitch for perfection, only for my own enjoyment and pleasure. I have made an effort recently to start at the top when it seems feasible...a band sampler or something that I don't have to worry about the amount of fabric and spacing but old habits die hard.

No comments: