Thursday, July 14, 2005

ARRRRGGGHHHH and makeup

Part I Arrrrgggghhhhhh. I was working on Starlight starbright last night and I was noticing that the snowman did not seem to have as much coverage as the pic on the front. I checked the directions and lo and behold it says to use 3 strands...I was using 2! ugh. Now armed with the knowledge that it could look better, I debated just finishing it as is. But I know that i will not be happy and every with every stitch I will question whether I made the right decision. So based on past experience I will be frogging the whole thing (well not the whole thing the scarf looks ok). Man I hate that.

Part II Makeup. For those who may not know... I have been a Mary Kay consultant for about 4 years. Most recently it is a spare time job. Last night my Sales Director came in from Ohio and Ian and I had dinner with her. I was lamenting the fact that although I have a full inventory on my shelves and a few regular customers, I am slowly accumulating more and more discontinued product. So she came up with a great open house idea for me...and my head was spinning with plans all night for it. I love to plan stuff like this, make everything pretty, send out flyers, call folks. But then the big let down comes when no one shows up....as has happened with a few christmas open houses I have had in the past. So I am trying to strike a balance between excitement and reality. I think I will hold it in August....hmmmm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you do it, they will come.....

Kiwi Jo said...

Your new template looks great - sometimes I feel like that octopus except that I don't have 8 arms!