Friday, March 30, 2007

Housewarming gift


Housewarming redo
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

I bought this pattern 2 years ago at CATS. It is by JBW designs. and I think it is OOP since it is no longer on their website. But anyway, I bought it for a friend who at the time, was talking about selling her house and buying a bigger one. I finially got to start it when she bought one this past month. Originally I had decided to make it into a wall hanging (my first attempt at such). and when it was all done (see picture below) I decided I would never hang such a piece of crap on my wall, so I couldn't possibly give it to somone else to hang on theirs. The perfectionist in me decided to tear it apart and I finished it instead No -sew cube style. I can't sew in a straight line on a machine to save my life. No wonder I have such trouble trying to quilt (maintaining a 1/4 inch straight seam is the toughest part) Maybe if I could figure out how to drop the feed dogs on my sewing machine, but I think it is too old to do that.



Tis ahome
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

The no sew cube turned out beautifully! congrats on a great finish.

Anonymous said...

Love the cube finish! I can't sew straight either, which is ridiculous considering my genes - my mother is amazing with a sewing machine.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Very pretty finish! Great job.

Jenna said...

It looks fabulous as a cube! I am in the same boat with you. Can't sew a straight line, which makes finishing a true pain. :)

Margaret said...

Love it as the cube finish!!!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty finish!

Suz said...

I love the cube, it's fantastic!