Friday, March 09, 2007

Home stretch

As of today I am officially in my last trimester. thats 12 weeks, or 3 months, or 84 days, if you are counting. Which we are. As my stepfather put it so succinctly the other day, this baby is coming like a freight train, and I am starting to feel like a deer in the headlights. Anxious, excited, and scared out of my mind. I am slowly coming to realize that my world will come to a screeching halt in 3 months and while everyone who is a mother will tell you that it is worth it, that doesn't help me sleep at night. Anticipation of the labor and delivery is having me read a different book every night, only to reassure me with the knowledge that my experience will be completely unpredictable and nothing like what I have read. In the past few weeks I have registered for a ton of stuff that I may or may not need depending on who you speak to. We have painted the ceiling and installed a newer, smaller ceiling fan. My mother and stepfather came this week during spring break to help rip up the fabulous tangerine shag carpet and redo the hardwood floor underneath and it is much more fabulous, Don'tchathink?



Floor of the babys room
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.




Ceiling of babys room
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.


OkOk it is not all that bad. I am just a bit freaked out. But Ian and I have found our pediatrician, are close to finalizing a day care for the fall, and are in the process of interviewing Doulas. So at least our network of support is becoming more solidified. My mom and I went out and bought some cute clothes at a couple of consignment stores so the layette (strange word) is finally starting to build.


closet and baby clothes
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.


8 comments:

Jenna said...

Hooray for the last trimester! Have you been watching all of the Discovery shows about babies and birth? That may or may not be a good thing, actually.

The nursery looks wonderful. Ian did a fabulous job with the mural and look at that incredible hardwood floor! Everything is really coming together. :)

Kendra said...

Congrats on reaching the 3rd trimester...the longest one! :-)

The room looks fabulous...I've been keeping up with the progress and I'm amazed that your husband has such talent for someone who's not a muralist! Can he come paint our house? :-)

Unknown said...

The room is beautiful! Your going to do fine. One thing I will tell you when you dress the baby think of it this way: If your comfortable in it then the baby will be. I think that's the best advie my mother gave me. :o)

Margaret said...

The room is looking so great!

And I know you will be a terrific mom.

claudia said...

Congrats! The nursey is looking great! Love those floors, the fan is great! Don't let all the stuff going on in your head about the birth and baby and all keep you awake at night now! You aren't going to get an awful lot of sleep after that little bundle of joy gets here. You need all you can get now.

Cathy said...

Wow! I can't believe you're so far along already. It looks like things are coming together.

Anna van Schurman said...

My former next door neighbor was a doula, but she's in L.A. Not helpful. But your floor looks terrific, and I need to know what you used because we need to refinish some floors.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather....your mom gave me your blog address, so I'm thrilled to catch up on you, your house, Ian and, the BABY.

It is tax season so I will not make it to the shower, but look forward to seeing lots of pictures...Liz are you paying attention?

Love and Kisses
Aunt Ginny, Uncle Rob
Hilary sends greetings from Honduras www.becaschools.org
and Davis says "hi" and "cool" from New Haven.