Thursday, March 29, 2007

Shhh. Baby is Sleeping


Baby is sleeping
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

Yeah I found my camera! It was hanging up right by the door. In a place I never put it. Well I was really tired on Sat after I got home, so that might explain it.

First up Is the Kreinik freebie "Baby is sleeping". I decided not to use the kreinik it calls for cause well...I didn't have any it called for and had trouble finding them and it would of cost me about $40 to $50 to buy them all. So this is a DMC conversion. I matched it to the great fabric I found to finish it off. I also used fusible web for the first time to give the finished product a bit of structure. After a bit of swearing, may use it in the future for ornaments. Both of these were given as gifts for friends having babies at the end of April.

I apologize for the cruddy photo, I took one more close up,but it came out fuzzy, cause my digital camera can't focus if I I turn the flash off. If the flash is on and the light isn't bright enough then it washes it out. Sigh. I do NOT recommend the NIkon Coolpix P2 for cross stitch photos. I wish I had a scanner, those pictures always come out so well on blogs.

5 comments:

david santos said...

Hello!
This work is very good. thank you
have a good day

Anonymous said...

That's adorable! I highly recommend a scanner for cross stitch - they are dirt cheap these days if you don't need any fancy features (And for cross stitch, you don't).

Sharon said...

Very cute! congrats

ollie1976 said...

Very sweet-great job!

Jenna said...

Well done! They look great. And maybe you should put a scanner on your baby registry. Tee-hee!