Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ta da !!

Here are the ornaments I finished the other day. The needle roll on the left is from the 2005 JCS issue (Jeanette Douglas) which I had to do after enjoying the peace roll from 2004 issue. The rest I think I posted in their unfinished form before, they are all from the ornament round robin I just finished (all in 2004 JCS ornament issue). I did Joy (Erica Micheals) as a pillow, and the santa (designer?) as a pillow too but with a fabric border (practicing my quilting techniques), Candy Cane cat ( Chessie and me) I did a twisted cord for the first time ever! and it came out pretty good if I do say so myself. the Bird house (Brittercup designs) just a flat ornie with a purchased cord. I was thinking of making gifts of these but then I decided that I love them all to much, it is just unfortunate that there wasn't an ugly one in the bunch...maybe next year. the other 2 ornies from the exhange were the Peace needle roll (see photo here) and I am STILL working on the Peace ornament from M designs . I am definately signing up for the same exchange next year...can't wait.

Stiching Bloggers question of the week: Do you always sign your projects? If not, why? If so, do you use your first name, initials or what? I always put my initials and the year, I often find my self wondering what year I did something and on most of my older stuff does not say...that bugs me. Also on the really nice samplers and classic pieces I think the future may want to know. For example the only counted cross stitch my Grandma did, Is signed and dated on the paper behind the frame that will fade...I wish it was on the front as she did on many of her needle work pieces. If you notice though I did not put my initials on the ornaments (except santa) Don't ask me why....

4 comments:

Juanita said...

Your ornaments look great! It almost makes me want to tackle finishing some of my own.

Anonymous said...

Those ornaments look fantastic! Congratulations on such great finishes. :)

Kiwi Jo said...

Your ornaments look great Heather - I'm not surprised you want to keep them!

Anna van Schurman said...

Great job on the ornies!

I'm also glad to see someone else call a snowman a "santa." I can't understand why I do it all of the time! It doesn't help that I have about 150 snowman ornaments.