Monday, October 03, 2005

Peace needleroll ornament

This is the last ornament in my exchange group Peace by Jeanette Douglas Designs...I havent even finished the last ornament yet (Peace Tree over one in silk!...I am pulling my hair out over that one).
But I got all the stuff for this needleroll the other day and finished it in 1 night (minus the hemstitching and rolling) I have never done a needle roll before and I LOVED this one. I am thinking of doing another just for fun. I looked in the new JCS ornament issue and lo and behold there is another needleroll, Love ...so I ran out and got all the stuff (except one speciality fiber which I ordered) and stitched most of it up yesterday. I must say that I did not like it as much as the Peace one, it is not as clean looking and the twill stitch did not endup with the same diagonal pattern that you can see in the model. Some times I think the designer forgets how they did something and your left trying to figure out what went wrong.

No comments: