Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Log Cabin Freebie


Log Cabin Freebie
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

Ta Da....I just finished this freebie for the stitching bloggers lottery (7 stitched items but only 1 winner) It is Cozy Cabin by Jeannette Douglas I stitched it on some random evenweave that was like 30/31 count and had a funky color...the fibers were white in one direction and tan in the other....made for a nice background. I finished it as a no sew cube thanks to Kim who I found thru Angelsan. The fabric is really cute with bears and canoes, it fit with the cabin theme. It was an easy stitch but I did not like the border. I know it is meant to be a log cabin quilt looking thing but the colors (especially the 3865- looks like white to me!) kind of breaks it up strangely. OKOK Ill post a closeup.

Close up
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.


See what I mean now?...the border took up as much time as the center and the assembly...while I am at it here is the fabrc too:

Back of cube
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

I am currently plowing ahead on the november flip it...I should be done stitching it by the weekend, then I can buy some fabric and have it up before we get into double digits on the calendar. I have to get Starlight starbright framed. then I am back to my winter WIP's I expect to finish the Afgan this year (only 4 out of 12 days of christmas to go) and work on Santa of the Forest....they are starting to call to me.

2 comments:

Dawn T. said...

You did a great job on the cube! I can't wait to find out who the lucky person will be. :)

Kali said...

It looks great! I see what you mean about the 3865 but I still think it looks great :) I've always substituted it as more of a "winter white" when I didn't want such a stark white color in my work.