Monday, April 04, 2005

Puppy Down!!

Hello all,
Bad news here, Saturday Max ran off and after a long search we got a call from an after hours clinic, saying they had him. He had been hit by a car. He has some superficial scrapes, but is not putting any weight on his right front paw. Its not broken, and doesn't seem dislocated. They wanted 90 dollars to talk to the vet (and more for an xray) so we made him comfortable sunday and taking him to OUR vet today. The tech at the clinic brought him to us saying it was probably nerve damage and that his leg would have to be amputated....this hugely upset my husband and he is (and I am) freaked out at that prognosis.
He doesn’t seem to be in any pain, is eating and drinking, (and digesting) just fine. There is no swelling and he seemed to improve over the last 24 hours….I’ll post the update after the vet visit today.

On a lighter Note: heres a meme I swiped from another blog:
Accent: none that I know of (but I do say y’all once in a while)
Bra size: Slightly larger than you… hee hee
Chore I hate: Scrubbing the tub
Dad's name: Horace Dwight (family name)
Essential make-up: moisturizer, and lipgloss
Favorite perfume: I don’t wear any
Gold or Silver: Both (at the same time Grandma!)
Hometown: Past- Pittsburgh, PA Current- Greensboro, NC Future- Savannah, GA
Interesting fact: I hate horror films, but read horror books
Job title: Graduate Student
Kids: 0
Living arrangements: Single Family Home
Mom's Birthplace: Summit, NJ
Number of apples eaten in last week: 0 –They aren’t in season!
Overnight hospital stays: 0
Phobia: Calling for pizza delivery (don’t ask)
Question you ask yourself a lot: Will I ever understand my thesis?
Religious affiliation: Unitarian Universalist
Siblings: 1
Time I wake up: varies ---currently around 6:30 am -8:00 am
Unnatural hair color: nope it is currently naturally turning grey
Vegetable I refuse to eat: Bamboo (does that count?)
Worst habit: I am not telling
X-rays: Teeth, Left ankle, Left Leg
Yummy food I make: Cranberry Apple Pie
Zodiac sign: Cancer

1 comment:

Cathy said...

This is a comment for your QOTW answer...you should totally come up for the Hershey show! I know it's tough with finances, I've never been to a show before, and I can't wait. I'm so glad that other stitching bloggers are planning on or thinking about going. Hope to see you there!