Monday, October 25, 2004

I found fellow crazys

This past saturday I was able to get together with about 20 ladies from across North Carolina who cross stitch. we are all members of a Yahoo group, and we are going on a retreat to Pigeon Forge, TN in November. We ate and sitched and traded stash. We range in age from 29 to 60+ so I was not the youngest A good time was had by all.

Yesterday I put together my Halloween costume . I have an old bridesmaid dress that is a perfect forest green...to which I tack sewed fall foilage, fake butterflies and birds. Viola Mother Nature! It turned out beter than I had feared.

Ok, hunger is driving me to finish this post
bye

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Hi! I just joined the stitching blog webring and am checking everyone out.
Very ingenious about the bridesmaid dress. And when would you ever wear it again anyway? It sounds so pretty. Do you post photos too? I'd love to see you in it. I took my graduation gown (we had cheapie rayon ones) and made a wizard costume out of it when my son was younger. My mom made a costume for me out of her wedding dress when I was in first grade as she had no emotional attachment to it since my parents are divorced.
I am in a group and they were just in Pigeon Forge, so you probably stayed in the same house maybe? I didn't go as it's too far away. My xs group is called Cross Stitch Addicts and we mainly do charity stitching for children.