Monday, September 20, 2004

Question of the week

If you could design your dream needlework/cross stitch shop, what would it be like?

Oh there is THE question!! One of my dreams was to open a shop ( I even went so far as to attend a small business workshop at a local community college) But I have not been inside too many. The two crosstitch stores in Tulsa OK are the best (If you ask me it is the only reason to visit...I lived there 18 months and only miss those stores.) The Silver Needle and the Stitchworks are the biggest and best I have ever seen. I prefered the latter but shopped both. The Stitchworks also have the greatest retreats (and cheap too).

Go to Doodle bugs site and you will see a map of the best LNS ever thought of with a husband room, and a kids room, and cat areas, and places for all kinds of crafts.

The best LNS that I have seen have these qualities.... And I would have them too...Framers, huge selection of fibers, fabrics, and patterns, classes, retreats. I would add kitting for new patterns for those who don't have the time or who don't want to spend the $ to buy whole skeins of a special expensive floss. I would also have big chairs and testing areas where scroll frames and lights could be worked with before purchasing. A fireplace (gas of course), and friendly staff.
I'm sure i could go on and on....but you get the idea. Wish there was one in Greensboro *SIGH*

No comments: