Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Strep Ornament.


Front of ornament
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

Thank you for all your comments on this ornament. The thread used is In the Burgandy Silk n Colors, by Thread Gatherer. I had it left over (apparently) from the M Designs Peace Ornament done years ago (found on the same page in the 2004 Orn. Mag.). The finish on this in the mag just shows the 4 sided box stitch with a frayed edge. But I got to thinking (I know trouble...right) the back would suck unfinished, I debated a fabric back, but then lightening struck, and I thought I'll just do another side with just the outer border and initials and a date, using the box stitch to join the 2 sides. THEN as I started the other side I asked my husband what he thought....HE said why don't you do the other side the same pattern but in green. Brilliant! Now I have to do it that way, His lightening being way better than mine. SOooooo then I get Strep Throat.


Oh


Didn't see that one coming did you?


Neither did I


or maybe I did...


No I did not get it from my daughter, although I don't know who to blame, I haven't had Strep since high school.

Antibiotics are one of the greatest gifts from science.


SOoooo feeling better I go on a search for green silk to "match" . I don't work in silk too much it is so expensive... $6.80 a skein, you should get a free diamond encrusted box to keep them in. but I caved and bought Dark Forest Silk n Colors, (and other stuff too) from Stitching Bits and Bobs....So the finish will take a bit longer than planned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your ornament. The red looks fantastic.
Hope your feeling better soon.
Cheers
Jenny

Cindy said...

Hope you are feeling better soon :)

Your ornament is vey pretty, and it will look awesome with the back done in green!

Cathy said...

I hate strep. I had a really bad case a couple months after Joshua was born, and it was awful.

I'm pretty sure I have pink eye. Another weird affliction I haven't had since I was a kid.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous ornament! Sorry about the strep.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Silk colors are expensive and I'm hoping that one day I'll get to actually work with some. Looking forward to see how this looks in green. I'm sorry you have strep throat.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty ornie and doing the back in green is a great idea!

Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

N said...

Hi, I've just tagged you for the NaBloPoMo meme!

http://natalie-elizabeth.blogspot.com/2007/11/seven-things-meme.html

N said...

I hope you feel better soon! :)