Thursday, November 29, 2007

Poinsettias


Pontsettias
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

Did you know that there was no t in poinsettia? I always thought it was pointsettia. Go figure. I started this ornament on a ecru colored linen, then after one petal decided that it was going to be too big. So I started a second on whe white evenweave (top poinsettia) It doesn't look smaller but it is. After I finished it I went back and finished the other for a christmas exchange. I was going to go buy the beads that the ornament called for, Mill Hill 02012. But first I checked my stash of maybe 10 different beads....Lo and behold I had the exact beads! I love it when that happens.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats awesome when you end up having the beads you need. I had that happen with my ornaments this month. I like your poinsetta's. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely finish. Ann.

Megan said...

Very pretty! I really like this design.

Cathy said...

This is one of my favorite designs from this year's JCS.

Beth said...

Those are both lovely! How do you plan to finish them?

I think people tend to say "poinsettia" with a "t" after the "n", hence the desire to spell it that way. My MIL says it "PONN-a-sett-a"...and corrects me when I say it the right way. :)

Jenna said...

I thought it was pointsettia for a long time, too! Glad to know I'm not alone. They turned out to be quite lovely, both of them. :)

Sharon said...

They are lovely! I am working on this one too.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Your poinsettias look wonderful. How cool that you had the exact beads you needed in your stash.