Friday, November 02, 2007

Christmas Ornament 2004


CHristmas Ornament 2004
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

This is another WIP I am exclusivlly working on right now. It is "Christmas Ornament 2004" from Periwinkle Promises in the 2004 JCS Ornament issue. I had only done 1/4 of the center redwork last year before I realized It wasn't symetrical, and gave it up to the WIP pile. As with all my mistakes, give me a little time and I can tackle it it better with little to no frustration. So I got the center fixed and completed in 2 nights, and been working on the Queen stitches for the past few nights. I usually don't mind queen stitches, but so many of them....40 in one L shaped corner, takes quite a bit of time. But it has a really neat ridge effect when all the stitches are grouped together. I hope to have this ornament done (And I will FINISH IT!) next week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The redwork looks great, but that many queen stitches would probably drive me nuts. :)

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Beautiful ornie. i really like the red you are working with.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty ornament and I like the thread you're using. Good luck with the rest of the Queen Stitches! :)

Anonymous said...

That is really pretty! Don't remember this one from the magazine, I'll have to go take another look :)

Unknown said...

Great little ornament. I'm glad you picked it back up. :)