Friday, February 16, 2007

Landscaping....Inside


The background trees
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

So in preparation of the mural painting, Ian recalled that he had seen a muralist ( is that what you call them?) once working using a photograph as a guide. He thought at the time that was kind of "cheating". But now faced with a blank wall and the wish to make a mural look "real" he had decided that using the colors from photographs may be the best way to go. The result is this, a very real looking background of trees reflected in the water. Is it a lake? a river? I am not sure yet. It will be interesting to see how the animals fit in to this. We still have a ways to go

8 comments:

Unknown said...

How pretty (and realistic!).

Anna van Schurman said...

OMG! That's amazing! (How can it be cheating when people used to sit out in the landscape--before photography--to paint it?)

Cathy said...

It's gorgeous!

claudia said...

WOW! That is absolutely beautiful! Can I hire Ian to come and do my walls???

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

My goodness he is doing a stunning job! Your little one will have a wonderful room to grow up it.

Sharon said...

That is amazing looking, very realisitic. I can't wait to see the animals.

Sara Laughs said...

Hi I know it's kinda creepy for me to post since you don't know me and I can't remember who's blog I followed your link from but I couldn't help but post. That is a fantastic paint job! Does he paint professionally? If not, he should.

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is AWESOME!