Monday, February 13, 2006

We have a Bear's head (and other tales from the needle)

Yes I stitched all weekend (had a great time thank you) and all I got done was the bear's head. No wonder this thing is taking me forever. Now it is mostly just background and robes till I get to the Wolf. The animals have the most confetti stitches, so they take the longest. I am now trying to square off the right side so I can just use one page of the pattern instead of flipping around.

I did finish my St. Pattys day exchange and that gets mailed out on the first. I also posted about my garden exchange (that I finished at the beginning of Jan) below.

SBQ this past week was: Describe your “perfect” project. (Include the designer or specific pattern, the fabric, the floss, and anything else that would make that project “perfect” for you.) I really don't have a absolute favorite pattern or designer. I guess my answer to this is kinda boring but the perfect project would be one in which I had the money to have it framed professionally. Oh and how about one that will cause you to burn lots of calories and lose weight. I hate exercising and losing stitching time.

Onto the thesis side of things. I will continue on the blogging and checking blogs only once a week, It has helped me alot with getting things done. I will however stitch more, cause well, I am grumpy if I don't. And if I am working at school (aka not blogging) then I won't feel guilty at home in the evenings. I turned in my Discussion friday and my advisor handed it back covered in red today. It is mostly organization of the paper that has to be revised. and I hope I can do that this week into next.

7 comments:

Litla Skvís said...

Looks wonderful! I know what you mean about the confetti stitches. One never seems to get much done, compared to how much time they take!

Lee said...

What a project! It looks great!

Suz said...

Yay!! for the stitching, and you can do it!! with the paper :)

zoeandcooper said...

Congrats on finishing the bears face. Now he is staring at us all when we visit your blog:)

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Once a week for the blogs will keep you connected to everyone and give you a nice break from the paper. Happy Stitching, CJ

Singular Stitches said...

Looking gorgeous!!!

BeckySC said...

Heather, it looks AWESOME!! I have this one and would love to stitch it someday in the near future! I will love watching yours progress!