Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Still in the Christmas mood

I know I am crazy...a non stitching friend asked me why I was doing a santa in May... its tough to explain a screaming WIP to a non stitcher.

Any way here is my current progress, I think I'll finish this side (a rabbit and more robes) and take a break...
I am ready (and now guilt free) to start the seaside sampler.

If you click on the photo and take a good look you can see the fabric visible in places between stitches...I have never been able to solve this problem...maybe if I railroaded every stitch, and maybe if I stitched each cross seperately, and maybe if i used shorter lengths, and maybe if i used thread heaven on every thread...but I have tried all these techniques and they never completely solve the problem and make it more work than fun. Its kind of a toss up I guess, Make your work look perfect and hate every minute of it...or have fun and it not be perfect.

This is the main reason why I don't do the big colorful complicated designs...TW, Mirabila, etc....I am just not that good. ( To see someone who is that good ...see Jo) This Santa will be the last BIG one for a while.
On top of all that, the dove and the owl are 7 years old and showing some wear (and a few stains)...I may end up ripping them in the end.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

In response to your comment, the professor was Houlihan, and he more than likely is the one everyone complained about. So funny that you know about Pi Nu, I was in that fraternity (it's how I met my husband!)

Taneya said...

Your Santa is gorgeous!!! I enjoyed reading through your blog. I grew up in Greensboro - my father still lives there -- just wanted to wave to a fellow North Carolinian. :-)