Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Proposal in 20 hours


Nipper
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

Here is our lab hamster (Nipper), no he is not experimented on, he is a pet. He has got the funkiest hair ever, half long and half short.

I have rehearsed my proposal out loud 4 times so far with probably 4-5 more times to go. I'm not that scared of the presentation as much as the questions and the committee meeting afterwards.

As for Santa...(he is a Lavendar and Lace pattern by the way...should look like this) I did start the gold thread, I was having a hell of a time with it it kept spliting and I had to use shorter and shorter lengths...then I realized I have Thread Heaven! I got it at the going out of business sale back in feb, and tried it with regular dmc but was not impressed....I remember other stitchers recommending it for metallics.....It kicks ASS! Holy cow my gold is just smooth as silk (the newer stitches at least) and I can use longer lengths...Ill be done with the upper part of the staff within a week.

I know every blog seems to have goals for the month...but the only one I have is to finish the May flipit and get as much done on santa as I can handle...then start one of the samplers I mentioned previously.

This weeks questions...There are 2>>> 1) Do you finish all your finished pieces? (pillow, frame, etc,) If so, how do you finish the pieces? If not what do you do with them?

Ha...one of my huge problems is not that I have alot of WIPS but that I have over 20 finished pieces sitting in a ziplock bag....I do frame the ones I give as gifts, and I cant make too many pillows or Ian will kill me. Some are no longer my style and I give those away, some I make into doorknob hangers (smaller pieces) and I HATE spending so much $$ to get the pieces framed correctly. so the pieces wait till I have some spare $ to frame them myself.


2) What is your opinion of Internet "freebies?"

I love them, you have to do a bit of searching but there are freebies out there that are just as nice as the patterns you buy...It depends on the designer of course, my favorites are the drawn thread and waxing moon designs.....oh and if you want to see the finished freebies check this website out.

2 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

Good luck with your proposal. I hate the questions too but I know you'll do great!

Mindy said...

Santa looks great so far, and that hamster is very cute :)