Wednesday, August 26, 2009

As it was in the beginning......


DSCN2427[1]
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist

This summer as I was going thru all the stuff during the attic move, I found what I think is my first (printed)cross stitch (I had believed it long gone). It was done around the time of the cat, and my mom and i disagree as to which was my first, but at the least this was the first to be mounted (on foam sticky board oh the HORROR) and framed. I was somewhere in the 10-12 age range, and It was shortly after this that I switched to counted cross stitch which I deemed much more sophisticated...you had to count!

with this, the near destruction of one of my first counted cross stitch, and an article in the latest Sampler and Antique Needlework Quarterly about women journaling their needlework, I have decided to put together a stitching journal. I am going to print up all the photos I have of stitched and crafty stuff i have done over the years and what its history has been. Does anyone out there in bloggity land have one like this... if so, is it fancy? or just a binder?

In stitching news I am working on Anna's stitching challenge...its is stitched but not finished...

2 comments:

Abi said...

That's amazing! I wish I knew where my first project was.

Pam said...

I have a journal of sorts. It's actually a journal of blank pages and I use double sided tape to mount pictures of pieces that I have done and on the pages I write what the project it, who it was for, what materials I used, etc. I have several projects that I have forgotten to put in there, so I need to print their pictures and add them to the book.