Hello every one, I think it is time for a Annabeth update, and a stitching update (without pictures, sorry)
We headed to the Drs (plural) last week. Her ped and her neurologist. My skinny minny has only gained 3 lbs in the past 3 months, for a total of 21 lb 5 oz, but has shot up 2 inches to 32 inches. thats right folks, we are in 18 month onesies but in 9 month pants. Her neurologist was happy to see her crawling, but unfortunately told us to not expect her to walk till 21- 24 months, sigh. I can tolerate her not walking...its the people asking us why or telling us how thankful we should be that she isn't yet, like they did before she crawled. Well let me tell you something, having her crawl is a joy to behold, It is soooo wonderful to see her get what she wants and to get where she wants to go. She doesn't get into much and listens when you tell her no (she crys about it...but stops doing it). I can not wait to see her walk and run.
I have 2 stories for you. Ian was sitting with her in the front room, and i went to the bathroom to run a bath. the minute she heard the water she dropped her toy and headed down the hall and into the bathroom, right up to the tub. (she LOVES running water) It was so wonderful to see her pop her head around the corner (i did not know she left daddy) and come to me.
The second story was Sat. when she and I were in the front room playing. Well she was playing, I was reading a magazine or something. She decides to leave the room following the dog i guess, and I hear her play with toys in the other room, then it gets very quiet (maybe 5-10 min later). Usually you know quiet=trouble, but I found her sitting in the kitchen with nothing around her, just staring at the back doors. When I called her name and she saw me she began to cry. I had no idea why she cried at the time, but now I think she thought I left, and was waiting for me to come back (just to be clear here...I have NEVER left her alone in the house, but she does know the door we use when we leave). How sad is that!
She is becoming attached to her blanket, so far i can get her to leave it in the crib...we will see how long that goes on before it is carted all over creation.
Let's take a look at the updated list for 2008:
Here it is, if ithe project is done it is in yellow. "resting" in a drawer is in green, and active WIP in Blue.
1. Simple Gifts, Homespun elegance
2. Mitten Games, Crossed Wings
3. Little Angel in the Clouds, Heart in Hand
4. A is for acorn and B is for Butterfly, Erica Michaels
5. Nine Patch Village, Brightneedle
6. Four Trees, Bent Creek
7. Dragonflies, ladybugs, and bees, oh my!, M designs
8. Blackbird Sampler, Blackbird designs
9. Rune Sampler, Enchanted Needle (May)
10. For the Birds, Drawn Thread (May)
11. Blessings, JBW designs (Oct)
12. Grand Old Duke, Arelate Studio
13. Birth Sampler
14. Miss Mary Mack, La Di Da
15. Four seasons ornament series, Prarie Schooler JCS Mags (2007)
16. Quaker Diamond, Hillside Samplings
17. Puppy Dog Row, Bent Creek
18. Pumpkin Patches, Full Circle Designs
19. Halloween House Sampler, Drawn Thread
20. Ringlet Tree, Marilynn and Jackie’s Collectibles
21. Snowman Needleroll, M Designs
22. Just a Little Snowman ornament from Twisted Threads JCS Mag
23. Angel of Joy ornament from Bent Creek JCS Mag
24. Mimi's desk weight Olde Colonial Designs
25. Jeannette Douglas christmas ornament 08
26. Santa's cottage Mary Englebright
Not including a scissor fob i did for an exchange this spring , and floss tag that I am doing for a current exchange, I have done 13 of 25 projects for the year...not bad, but I do not think I'll be able to complete the other 12 in the next 3 months. I am considering dropping the ringlet tree (I don't like it as much now) and I am already looking at what I want to do next year.
I am doing the ornaments that i had kitted from old JCS ornament issues now just to get the small stuff out of the way, so I can have room for other smalls when the NEW JCS ornament issue apears later this month.