Thursday, February 03, 2005

Stitching Bloggers Q of the Week.

On a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest, how comfortable do you feel changing a design's colors or the entire color scheme? Elaborate if you wish.

Well this is funny since I just spent an hour last night totally re-doing a color scheme. I think I rank around a 3. I am doing Lizzie Kate's "Bless the Baby" and at first I tried to change the fabric to use the pink linen from the Just Nan Sampler...but of course the colors from the original pattern are overdyed (and you KNOW I have no $ for that right now)...and I tried the suggested substituted colors...ugh. So then I just messed with trying to pick color from my stash...Finally I switched linens to white, found 7 colors that seemed to work and started stitching. It should be done tonight, Ill post a pic tomorrow.

Long story short I am getting more comfortable with color switching because of money cost of overdyed floss. And since all the designers I like are using them....

No comments: