Thursday, January 14, 2010

Last year in review

 Remember that for 2008 and 2009 I made year long lists for what I wanted to do?  it worked pretty good in 2008 but for 2009...well....Let's take a gander at my 2009 goal list last January:  Blue are WIPs Green are done.
  1. A is for Acorn, B is for butterfly, Erica Micheals (I am currently considering trashing this one, the idea was to do the whole alphabet as a book, but i do not want to use the called for RG threads (expensive!) and going thru all 26 patterns to find comparable colors is daunting, so unless you know of a conversion out there already done this one is going bye bye in 2010)
  2. Nine Patch Village, Brightneedle (this one need just a few color adjustments due to the light fabric, and i just haven't taken the time to do it yet)
  3. Black bird Sampler, Blackbird designs (thought about changing the wording, but now am thinking it would just be easier to do as designed)
  4. Miss Mary Mack, La Di Da designs
  5. Just a little snowman ornament, Twisted Threads (it is over one and is taking me forever) 
  6. Quaker Turtles, With my Needle (over one)
  7. Home of a Needleworker, LHN
  8. Pirates Creed, Sue Hillis
  9. Grand Old Duke, Arelate studio
  10. Pumpkin Patches, Full Circle designs
  11. Dragonflies, Ladybugs, and Bees ohmy, M designs
  12. Snowmen Needleroll, M designs
  13. Polly Wolly Doodle, La Di Da
  14. Christmas forest ornament, Historic Stitches (I actually started this but did not like the size)
  15. Birth Sampler
  16. Christmas orn, Jeanette Douglas 2008
  17. Kitty Cat Row, Bent Creek (i have bought the fabric for this but now can't find it...sigh.. I probably used it for something else) 
  18. Baby blocks, JCS sept 08. (4 done, 4 to go)
  19. Open
  20. open
  21. ornaments and exchanges (7 and 2 respectively)
Well I guess i took the open slots a bit literally cause outside the list I did Maidens of the Sea-With my needle, Birds- Heart in Hand, Crossstitcher in residence-LK, N- Margaret Sherry, Ned Kelly Kitty- The Cat's whiskers design studio,  and Swirlygig- Bent creek




so to sum up..Stated with 5 WIPS but finished with 8, completed only 7 items on the list , but have 19 finished pieces to show for it.

I am not sure if I want to construct a big new list for 2010 yet.  It was helpful getting me back into the swing of things after A. was born, but now I think my brain has recovered (mostly) and  i am better at knowing what i have and what I want to do.

Maybe I will sleep on it... check with me tomorrow

2 comments:

Jen said...

If you go to http://www.a-z-needlepoint.com/ you can search for the RG thread and they list the DMC equivalent. I am stitching the same thing and found this a while ago.

By the way, I also teach biology at a local university.

Faye said...

Hey...I see quite a bit of blue!!! Thanks for your comment on my blog...the pattern is called My Lays Quaker by Jardin Prive...its one I bought on-line and you print at home....hope this helps and keep up the stitching!!!