Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Funny thing happened on the way to the craft room.....


Heart in Hand -Birds
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist

So I am stitching along on Quaker turtles one color over one Right? and my mind keeps wandering to a pattern I bought about a year ago, nothing special about it, not on my yearly list so I push it out of my head. But it would not go away kept butting its head in mine saying "I'm small" "Won't take long, I bet im cute when all finished", "I'm colorful, stitch me!". So after 2 days of harrassment I yell " Fine! I'll stitch you already!" much to the dismay of my husband who-already-knows-I-am-crazy-but-is-wondering-how-long-till-he-has-to-check-me-in-to-a mental-hospital-and-raise-a-non-walking-toddler-all-by-himself.

So I go get the pattern and thread (DMC of course, cause I did not have all the called for overdyed and this thing was not waiting!) and stitch it up in 2 nights.
Heart in Hand 's Wee one Birds...I made the worm crawl up the B...not sure what it is doing in the model.

But all done, cute? yes, easy ? yes, now....it will sit in a drawer untill a suitable frame can be found . I hope it is happy.

11 comments:

Margaret said...

Don't you hate those charts that won't shut up? Not in this case. VERY cute finish. And I much prefer the orienation of your worm.

Pam said...

If there is one thing that I have learned over the years it's that it's best to answer the projects when they start calling you. Otherwise, you get no peace. It looks great!

Daffycat said...

I'm so glad you listened! Great finish on a super darling design!

imnverted said...

Very cute finish. I hate it when charts just wont take the hint and stay in their place in line. Especially when Im at stitch group at my LNS.

Abi said...

That is very cute! Congratulations. :)

Linen Stitcher said...

Ah, yes. Talking charts can be quite disruptive to predetermined stitching goals. Hopefully this one will behave now . . . that is, until it starts insisting that you finish-finish it!

Very cute!!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful. The main thing about stitching is having fun, right? ;-) Ann.

Carmen said...

cute! i am glad that you listen it.

Anonymous said...

Every so often I hear some chattering coming from my stash closet...I have to tell it to shush...but it doesn't always listen! I think your HIH must have been very determined to whisper to you for 2 days! LOL!
Great job...the colors are vibrant!

Sharon said...

very cute!

saras said...

That's cute!