Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sea Borders


Sea Borders
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.


LOOK, STITCHING! I finished this little guy yesterday. He is a freebie called Sea Borders found a long time ago on a french website http://www.lilootes.com/, But I can seem to find it there now... I also got a whole seahorse alphabet with it . The photo is muted but it came out really nice . I stitched it on 28 ct ivory evenweave using one of the Dye is Cast colors (I think it is called Storm). I think it would also look great stitched in white on a blue fabric.

I have been debating what project to tackle next. since I only get about an hour a night to stitch. I have a Sam Sarah Spookline, that is half done. Or I can start the Sampler book by Erica Michaels. I want to that for A. I think it would be a cool book to learn the alphabet by, and a neat heirloom. but then I wonder if all the hard work I put into it would be worth it in the long run. Would she just puke on it at some point and ruin it?


Bellastitch asked me how I got A. to sleep through the night. The first night she did it was the day after I got back from Montreal. I woke up in a panic at 7 thinking something was wrong because she didn't wake up at 4:30/5am for her usual feeding. Well there is no secret, I totally attribute it to her finding her thumb at about 2 months old and that enables her to self soothe. That and I am really lucky. She has always been a champion sleeper. She was pulling 4 or 5 hour naps from the first few weeks. I know they said to wake her every 3 hours to eat, but it took us an hour past that to wake her up enough to eat, and even then she was still too grumpy to eat well.. We quickly determined that she ate better if we just let her sleep as much as she wanted.


And look ...Happy Baby:




Smiles
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

7 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I think I must be an idiot. I saw "mer" and thought, "she didn't finish that, she still needs to do 'maid.'" D'oh. My parents first language is French. Apparently it skips a generation.

Your daughter is beautiful.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Wonderful finish!! The seahorses are cute.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all your achievements in your life. Ann.

ollie1976 said...

Congrats on the finish!

Abi said...

Congrats on the finish! You are very lucky that A can self soothe. Ayame does that for about 2 minutes, then she wants company.

Sharon said...

Beautiful finish! Your daughter is too cute and she is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finish! Very nice!
Your wee girl is very cute. We were lucky with Patrick _ he started sleeping through at about six weeks _ I couldn't see any point getting up in the middle of the night if he wasn't; he was still getting all his feeds and putting on weight.