Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Here I am


finally got it!
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.
I won this pattern on Ebay for $4. It is an oop (out of print) pattern from Bent Creek. The saying is "Awake northwind and come southwind, then all of the trees of the forest will sing for joy". It is simple but i have been wanting it for a while now... my sister will be so jealous , she is a self admitted tree-hugger. Too bad Liz, this one is mine!


Seaology
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.
Here is what I started recently, Seaology by Trilogy, I wanted to do it in DMC but now that I have gotten to the blue ocean around the sub, I am thinking I may go get "Tropical Ocean" by GAST. I have done other patterns combining the threads (EduCATed, Little pumpkin in the patch) Chosing to do large parts with the overdyed, and the rest with DMC, you get a similar effect without spending all the dough. Any one else done this pattern? what did you do?


Lavender hill
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

And finally here is Lavender Hill, finished. No matter how many times i photographed it, it still looked washed out, so you will jst have to trust me when I say it is georgeous, I can't wait to frame it and Moon and Stars.

I finished my powerpoint presentation for my defense (my advisor wants to see it this friday at the lab meeting). So I wil have a whole week to polish it before the 11th. Meanwhile my mom is coming to visit this weekend. we are going to paint the guest (my) bathroom, I will be sure to post before and after pics, I know you will be dying to see the results.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

What beautiful stitching. I believe I may have that Lavender Hill chart, it looks familiar.

I have combined DMC with speciality fibres before, I don't have that many of the GASTS or WDW etc, so I just use what I do have.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

I love the Lavender Hill piece I have that in my stash to do one of these days. I agree with your thread choice the sea needs a little depth. Happy Stitching, CJ

Kim said...

Seaology is so cute! I don't think anyone will notice if you mix and match the threads. :D

Love Lavender Hill, so adorable! You did a great job with it. :D

Anonymous said...

im sure if my sister loved me :) she would make one for me :):):)