Monday, November 17, 2008

Floss tag exchange


Floss tag exchange
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

Ok So Georgie recieved my floss tag exchange (I am on The Hooked on Exchanging blog) and she got it pretty fast. I posted it on the mail out date of the 3rd and she posted here on the 10th. She is in Australia people!

I did a Debbie Draper designs freebie called Hearts Desire, with Dinky dyes silk over 1 on 28 even weave. I was pretty happy with it. I think I used too thick batting in it though, I had a heck of a time getting the eyelet in. I may do this again, but honestly I don't use rings alot...I think I would rather have a scissor fob. I am still (im)patiently waiting for my tag to arrive.

The holiday dress is almost done. I hemmed it and will be attatching a zipper tonight (I found my machine's zipper foot...that's good). And when I was at Hobby Lobby I took another good look at the model...they used a zipper not available at the store...and attached side loops for the ribbons sash (not in the pattern, hmph). I still have to get stockings and shoes to match!

2 comments:

saras said...

are you going to PF this weekend?

Sharon said...

Very pretty floss tag!