Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Family outing


Annabeth and I at the renissance fair
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

Ian, Annabeth, and I did our yearly fall family tradition and went to the Carolina Renissance Fair. It is our 8th year going! I wore my bridesmaid dress from sis's wedding and fit right in. This photo was taken as Annabeth was watching the joust. We weren't able to stay long this time, and for annabeth it has to be rough sitting 1.5 hour drive there, then sit in a stroller for 3 hours, then sit another 1.5 hours on the way home. Thank god this not walking thing comes with a bit more patience than your average toddler, or we would be up a creek wih her. I cannot wait till she can walk around and enjoy things like the toddler rides, the petting zoo,watch shows,go into the shops (cause they are too small or crowded for strollers) etc. Oh and I am also looking forward to COMMUNICATION..any day now we are hoping for a word....any word...even a swear word.

4 comments:

Chiloe said...

I hope this moment will come soon ;) I know it can be very worrisome when they develop the way they should or we think they should ... Hard to accept sometimes ... HOw old is she now? Did she start early intervention? Pierre did that when he was a baby.

Anna van Schurman said...

When I first moved in with my cousin it was a trial to remember not to swear in front of the kids. But I was always allowed to swear in front of the younger one. "I don't care if her first sentence is 'f*^k you'," my cousin always said. We feel you.

Sonda said...

That is a nice picture! I hope she gives you a good word soon.

Abi said...

I hope she says her first word soon. My own little A hasn't said a real word yet. She knows to go "Weee" when Daddy plays with her, but so far that's it.