Monday, August 25, 2008

What can you stitch in 12 hours?


Bell ornament
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

I can stitch the Bell Ornament by Jeanette Douglas, which was in the JCS Ornament Preview issue . I did this so I could see some progress on something.

I have stopped stitching the Blackbird sampler, I think that is heading into a drawer for some rest (sometimes my projects need beauty sleep). and I was working on that kit I told you I bought at Keepsake Needlearts in NH, It is an Old Colonial Designs kit, Mimi's Desktop Weight
and I am doing some redesign on it...I decided the over 2 looked weird with the over 1 right next to it.

So I did this ornament just as it was called for....OKOK so I didn't have the pearl floss in 719, so I used white. And I did not have 3858, so I used 2772. Big deal. It still came out nice and got DONE!!

5 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I like the idea that projects need beauty sleep. Some of mine are in comas.

Unknown said...

I deinitly have some in comas to! i know what you mean though it is nice to do a little one so you can have something completed. where better to start than on some xmas stitching.

Sonda said...

Yes, it does look good! Congrats on your 12 hour finish!

Tammy said...

Beautiful ornament! Everything you make is so lovely!

Lisa Brawner said...

nice blog. I have enjoyed reading it this morning.