Friday, February 22, 2008

Tis A Gift...


photobucket 2 018
Originally uploaded by Stitching scientist.

2 posts in 2 days...no you are not hallucinating.
Here is my current WIP, Old Shaker Tune by Homespun Elegance. I have been working on this for about a month or more. This one is for me and A. I have always loved this hymn, and find it easy to recall when I sing to her. I changed the words a bit to reflect my version (which is closer to the original, and how it is printed in my UU church hymnbook). And I also changed the title "Old Shaker Tune", to the title of the hymn, Simple Gifts

I chose to work on this one instead of my WIPs for a few reasons, 1) all the backstitching of the words would help me see progress very quickly, and that momentum would help me finish it and 2) I thought it would help me see how I can stitch as a reflection of my experience as a mom, and not in exclusion of it.

Hmm, that is not worded quite right, but those of you who are moms should be able to figure it out

Most of the cross stitching I was able to get done at a Tarheel GTG last saturday. I messed up a bit on some placement of the bottom trees and houses, but instead of ripping and moving everything, I am just going to change the vines/flowers a bit. I hope to have it done by the end of the month.

3 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

It sounds like you are moving toward a good place in your life. Or growing into your new self. Or something. But it's happy and I'm glad for you. I like the changes you made to the sampler.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Absolutely lovely piece!

Anonymous said...

That is lovely! I absolutely love that hymn, and the changes you made.